Hot on the heels of one of the most talked-about jazz books in years comes the musically-enhanced, strictly limited Collector’s Edition. Slipcased with vinyl reissues of ten legendary recordings on Verve, this is an exceptional opportunity to own a unique slice of jazz history.
- All recordings remastered at Abbey Road Studios
- Pressed onto 180g heavyweight vinyl for optimum sound quality
- All album sleeves printed with stunning original artwork
- Packaged in a dual-compartment cloth-bound display case
- Strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide
- Signed by the author
Includes the following vinyl pressings:
- Charlie Parker, Charlie Parker With Strings (1950)
- Count Basie and His Orchestra, April in Paris (1955)
- Billie Holiday, Lady Sings the Blues (1956)
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, Ella And Louis (1956)
- Stan Getz, Big Band Bossa Nova (1962)
- Quincy Jones and His Orchestra, Big Band Bossa Nova (1962)
- Bill Evans, Conversations With Myself (1963)
- The Oscar Peterson Trio, Night Train (1963)
- Jimmy Smith, The Cat (1964)
- George Benson, Giblet Gravy (1968)
Richard Havers is a consultant to Universal Music on jazz and has curated box sets including ?Louis Armstrong: Ambassador of Jazz and Ella Fitzgerald?: The Voice of Jazz. He has written extensively on the topic of 20th-century music and pop culture. His previous books include ?Verve, ?Bill Wyman’s Blues Odyssey, and ?Sinatra.???????
Herbie Hancock is the great American jazz pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, and composer.